Recipes and innovative ways to consume peanut butter better!
Although there are countless DELICIOUS recipes that include peanut butter, one of the most satisfying recipes may be making your own peanut butter!
Basically all you need to do it put roasted and shelled peanuts into a food processor. You may add salt if you like. Then you turn it on until the mixture is creamy, and THAT IS ALL!
GUSH (Gretchen Gerlach)
Mix whatever quantity of peanut butter you desire into a bowl with two parts powdered milk and one part honey.
This is by far my personal favorite recipe. I used to eat it as a snack all the time in Montana and Alaska, then I learned of its close cousin called “Plumpy Nut” and I cut down slightly. Nonetheless this is a delicious and complete serving of protein that will keep you energized and full for hours!
Carmel Poppers (Kai Morrel)
This recipes calls for various sweet ingredients found in most cupcakes as well as a few surprise commodities!
This is a heavenly mix of peanut butter, chocolate, and carmel that will make anyone, peanut butter or not melt with satisfaction! A best friend made these for Valentine’s Day and stole my heart away!
Peanut Sesame Noodle
This is a perfect example of how peanut butter has been incorporated into various diet and cuisine across the world. This Asian inspired recipe from the Smitten Kitten blog is a great way to break out of the typical PB&J world!
Peruvian Peanut Potato Soup
Although this particular recipe calls for peanuts and but peanut butter, I thought is was a wonderful way to bring your peanut consumption back to the roots, and its homeland of Peru. The recipe is quick easy, and the process is simpler… put it all in a pot, and heat it up!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound potatoes, chopped
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- sea salt to taste
Apple Raisin Peanut Butter Quinoa If the title alone does not make you hungry, the recipes and easy process will! Here are the ingredients, boil the quinoa, water, salt, and raisins in a pan, then let simmer, sit in apple and peanut butter and serve with yogurt, or more peanut butter!
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chopped dates)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Orange Carrot Peanut Butter Cooler Start your day with a peanut butter breakfast, but break out from the usual banana and PB, and try adding peanut butter into your smoothie! Here is a delicious concoction!And all you have to do is blend!
- 1/3 cup Adams Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 (6 oz.) can pineapple juice
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar or sweetener of your choice
- Ice cubes
Thai Peanut Butter Burgers! Looking to spice up your peanut butter and protein up your lunch?! Check This out!
- 1/2 cup Adams Crunchy Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 4 hamburger buns
Sesame-Ginger Couscous Lettuce Cups
- 1/3 cup low fat sesame ginger dressing
- 3 tablespoons Adams 100% Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked couscous, chilled
- 1 cup cooked edamame, cooled
- 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 (16 oz.) bag cole slaw
- 1/2 (8 oz.) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, washed and dried
Got your own peanut butter recipe that you want to share with the world? Submit it to the Peanut Butter Recipe Contest!